I’m the type of guy for whom lyrics are a really important part of a song. Song lyrics are a great source for inspiration and quotation, but finding the song a lyric came from is sometimes a pain…
You know what would make it a lot easier? An iTunes plugin that added lyrics to the list of things matched in an iTunes search.
For example, let’s say I search for “down” with this plugin installed. iTunes might return:
- All the tunes from Sondre Lerche’s album “Faces Down.”
- Liz Phair’s song, “Stratford-on-Guy,” because of the lyric, “As the ground raced beneath them thirty thousand feet down.”
- Frank Zappa’s song, “Bobby Brown Goes Down,” because of the title.
- All the songs by System of a Down (if I listened to that crap*) because of the band’s name.
Seems pretty simple, huh? …and think of the fun you could have if you extended this idea to Smart Playlists?
You could create a playlist that only included songs with the lyrics “big” and “butt.” This playlist would, of course, include Sir Mix-A-Lot’s “Baby Got Back” and Nelly’s “Hot in Herre.” …just think of the possibilities!
LazyWeb, can you help?
* What blog entry concerning music would be complete without dissing one of those horrible nu-metal bands?